This week, we learn more about Kimberly Rothgeb, office associate in the department of pathology and microbiology.
- Name: Kimberly Rothgeb
- Hometown: Sioux Falls, S.D.
- No. of years at UNMC: Six
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.
I am an administrative assistant for the Nebraska Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) and three faculty members in Path/Micro.
"Working together" is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a time you witnessed a person or group "working together" at UNMC.
I think this happens every day, in so many different ways, in both large and small capacities. It's great to call someone here on campus and their first question to you is, "What can I do for you today?" Our willingness to help each other and work together goes a long way in getting things accomplished.
What is your favorite winter activity?
I absolutely love the winter! My husband and I have two boys (ages 20 and 12) and we like to go ice skating or find a great place for sledding.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I like to travel and my goal is to visit all 50 states. So far, I have been to 22.
- I graduated last month from UNO, with a bachelor's degree in library science.
- I am part of the LiveGreen committee and am helping to install a "Little Free Library" at UNMC in 2013. Watch for more information to come!
Good for you, Kim!!!!!!!!!
Kim - Congratulations on receiving your library science degree and good luck with the "Little Free Library" - I will check that out!
Kim - wow, time flew on finishing up your degree. Congratulations, I know you worked hard for it. Path is lucky to have you.
Congrats on your degree Kim! I know you worked very hard on that.
Yeah Kim! You are so awesome! You and the NPHL are the definition of "working together" Kristin