- Name: Jim Gamerl
- Hometown: Papillion, Neb.
- No. of years at UNMC: Three
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.
I oversee the administrative support for the College of Pharmacy in all non-curricular areas -- financial, operational, administrative, etc. I provide leadership, direction and guidance to the college's awesome administrative team. I also labor under the burden of serving as the "Office Ray of Sunshine" for the dean's office.
"Being a trusted resource" is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a time you witnessed an example this at UNMC.
The college underwent the accreditation process last year and was very successful, achieving the full eight-year accreditation from the AACP. It took the collective effort of everybody in the college to achieve this and was truly inspiring to see how everyone pulled together.
What is your favorite fall activity?
Hiking. I'm a long distance backpacker, so I always enjoy getting out on the trail - anytime, anyplace.
List three things people may not know about you.
- It was my distinct honor and privilege to have soldiered for 23 years in the United States Army, working alongside some of this country's finest citizens.
- My wife, Cindy, and I first met in sixth grade. At the time, I thought she was the most obnoxious girl in our class. Later this month, we will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary together.
- I have a fondness for gummy bears.
Thank you for your service to our country and to UNMC!