Prizes awarded in 'I Love UNMC' contestThe "I Love UNMC" contest prize drawing couldn't have come at a better time for Eric White.
The graphic artist in UNMC's Printing Services said he was feeling a little pudgy on Friday. Then he found out he won the "I Love UNMC" contest's health and wellness package, as part of the January random drawing.
"Right now, I feel fat. After winning this prize, I will feel skinny and healthy," White said, kiddingly.
Other prize winners included:
- Barb Glover, Karin Carlson and Erin Comfort of the Munroe-Meyer Institute. They won the Auto Package (total value: $264), consisting of four oil changes at Charlie Graham Body and Service, four oil changes at Prime Auto Sales and two, $20 gift certificates from QT.
- Fran Higgins, Sue Prusia, Pat Leuschen and Greg Karst of the School of Allied Health Professions. The quartet won three, $25 gift certificates to the Dundee Dell.
- Lisa Jewell of the Youth Learning Center. She and the Community Academy Student Advisory Group won 15, $5 gift certificates to the Nebraska Cafe, compliments of Sodexho.
- Mike Gleason, a Graduate Studies fellow in the Eppley Institute. Gleason won two tickets to the Nebraska/Colorado men's basketball game on Feb. 19. The tickets, valued at $50, are courtesy of the University of Nebraska Foundation.
- David Hutcheson and Andrew Miller, students at the College of Nursing in Scottsbluff. Hutcheson and Miller won a $40 gift certificate to Applebee's.
- Michelle Varney, Seeme Singh and Kalyan Nannuru, of the Department of Pathology/Microgiology. The trio won the Omaha Royals baseball package, valued at $42. The package includes four tickets to a Royals game and a $10 gift certificate to Katie's Greek Restaurant.
- Julie Ditter, Johna Belling, Lee Mosely and Robin Taylor, aka the "Village People," of the Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience. They received three, $25 gift certificates to Goldberg's Bar & Grill.
All of the submitted videos can be viewed on UNMC's YouTube Channel.
Faculty, staff, students alumni and friends of UNMC have until 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 30, to submit videos for the contest. The top 10 most-viewed videos will advance as finalists for the Viewer's Choice, first, second and third runner-up prizes.
For a complete list of prizes, contest rules, sample videos and instructions, visit our Web site at www.unmc.edu/iloveunmc.