Dentistry student research highlighed at professional's day
|Dental student Angela Cook|
|Dental hygiene students Lindsay Goodrich and Ryan Rutar|
|Pediatric resident Lindsey Christian, D.D.S.|
The cash awards were made possible through contributions from the Alpha Lambda Chapter of Sigma Phi Alpha (the national dental hygienists honor society), Dentsply, International College of Dentists, Lincoln Dental Alliance, Lincoln District Dental Association, Nebraska Dental Association and the Nebraska Dental Hygienists' Association.
- 1st Place -- Lindsay Goodrich and Ryan Rutar, "Cutting Edge Retention of the Hu-Friedy H5 Sickle Scaler: A Comparison of EverEdge to Stainless Steel"
- 2nd Place -- Kerri Bohn and Betsy Morgan, "A Clinical Evaluation of the Efficacy of OraVerseTM (Phentolamine Mesylate)."
- 3rd Place -- Suzanne Melia and Lauren Miller, "The Efficiency of the Colgate WispTM in Plaque Removal."
- 1st place -- Angela Cook, "Effects of Herbal Lollipops on Streptococcus Mutans Levels and the Dental Caries Experience of Children with Asthma Taking ß2-adrenergic Agonist Drugs."
- 2nd place (Tie) -- Chad Snow and Michael Sullivan, "Ultraviolet Light Resistance in Silicone Facial Prostheses Imparted by Nanoparticle Incorporation."
- 2nd place (Tie) -- Kaylene Harms, "Plakophilin-3 Dephosphorylation and Desmosome Disassembly in Response to HGF Signaling."
- 3rd place -- Danielle Freburg-Hoffmeister, "Injectable Simvastatin in Periodontal Defect."
- 1st place -- Lindsey Christian, D.D.S., "Oral Assessment of Autistic and Healthy Children."
- 2nd place -- Cherie Uchida, D.D.S., "Caregivers Knowledge of Oral Health for Persons with Special Needs."
Congrats to all the UNMC dental and dental hygiene students on their accomplishments in their research projects! Thanks to the people who make it possible for the winners to compete at the national level. These top achievers will represent your school well and I know you are as proud of these students as we parents are! Congratulations to Lindsay Goodrich and Ryan Rutar on winning top honors in dental hygiene and best of luck to you in Las Vegas as you compete at the next level!