|UNMC will host its inaugural Spirit Week next week in order to celebrate the vital role the medical center plays in Nebraska and beyond.|
UNMC is a vital force in breakthrough research, education of tomorrow's health care professionals and the advancement of the highest quality patient care throughout Nebraska and world.
Next week, UNMC will hold its inaugural Spirit Week to celebrate our collective vitality.
The following is a list of events scheduled for Spirit Week:
Tuesday -- Wake up with UNMC
- Free cinnamon rolls and coffee from 7 to 9 a.m. in the Sorrell Center's Alumni Commons Area, in the Durham Research Center II Atrium and at UNMC's campuses around the state.
- Free admission to the ice rink for students and employees (skate rental fee not included) from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Members of the Figure Skating Club of Omaha will be present to provide ice skating tips.
- Free hot cocoa during that time.
- The Soup Revolution truck will be outside by rink. CASH ONLY.
- Raffle for UNMC sweatshirts will be held every 30 minutes. You must be present to win.
Thursday -- Wear your lapel pin to win
- Be spotted wearing your lapel pin and you could win a UNMC T-shirt. Brand ambassadors will distribute a limited number of 'tickets' to people spotted with their pin.
- A student broomball tournament from 1 to 4 p.m. at the ice rink. (Equipment provided). Contact Student Senate President Andrew Klutman at email@example.com to register a team.
Friday -- Campus lunch and Spirit Challenge
- Campus lunch for employees and students from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Sorrell Center Campus Events Center (wear your UNMC apparel).
- Spirit Challenge at noon in the Sorrell Center's Campus Events Center. (See more.)