Meet UNMC New Investigator - Stephen Bonasera, M.D., Ph.D.UNMC researcher Stephen Bonasera, M.D., Ph.D., answers questions about his work, life and interests.
|Stephen Bonasera, M.D., Ph.D.|
- Name: Stephen Bonasera, M.D., Ph.D.
- Title: Assistant professor of medicine
- Joined UNMC: November 2008
- Hometown: New York
Describe your research in laymen's terms.
I study how the brain ages.
How does your research contribute to science and/or health care?
My group is interested in understanding how aging changes brain function and important behaviors needed to be independent.
Name someone at UNMC who provides vital contributions to your success and briefly describe how they help you.
Jane Potter, M.D., Neumann and Mildred Harris Geriatrics Professor and division chief of geriatrics, has been vital to me because of her advice, research support, mentorship and clarity.
List three things few people know about you.
- I was in a punk group signed to A&M records in 1984. We didn't record anything -- the group had broken up by the time the contract came through.
- My wife and I appeared on a Valentine's Day segment of "Candid Camera."
- My secret pleasure is watching cheesy crime shows -- such as Law and Order -- while riding my exercise bike.