|Youri Pavlov, Ph.D.|
- Name: Youri Pavlov, Ph.D.
- Title: Associate professor in the Eppley Institute
- Joined UNMC: November 2003
- Hometown: Leningrad (now Saint-Petersburg), Russia
Describe your research in laymen's terms.
I study the processes of accurate transmission of genetic information from cell to cell.
How does your research contribute to science and/or health care?
Defects in the process of transmission of genetic information causes cancer, neurodegeneration and birth defects.
Name someone at UNMC who provides vital contributions to your success and briefly describe how they help you.
Drs. Tahor Tahirov and Gloria Borgstahl determine crystall structure of proteins involved on heredity. This allows for understanding of their mechanisms at atomic level.
List three things few people know about you.
- I am good with students;
- I am a North Carolina basketball fan; and
- I like airplanes.
Priviet, Youri! Doe-bray job, tavarisch.