In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
- Name: Lisa Weissenburger-Moser
- Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa
- Year/program: Second-year epidemiology student
What is your best memory from your time at UNMC?
My best memory at UNMC is when a group of people from the College of Public Health travelled to Rapid City, S.D., to put on a GIS training for the Northern Plains Tribal Epidemiology Center. It was an amazing experience and a great opportunity to learn from the tribal people.
Our four brand values are leadership, commitment to excellence, working together and being a trusted resource. Pick one and tell us a time you witnessed it embodied at UNMC.
I see commitment to excellence every day in the College of Public Health. It is inspiring to be around such dedicated faculty. I have witnessed firsthand commitment to excellence from all of the colleges on campus. I was a part of Interprofessional Education Day where I had the chance to meet faculty from the many colleges and saw them work together to make the day a success.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I was in the Peace Corps in West Africa after graduating from college.
- I have three amazing and talented younger brothers.
- I am going to India for my Capstone/Service Learning project this spring.