Student Spotlight -- Lisa Weissenburger-MoserEducation is one of the four pillars of UNMC's mission and our students are the lifeblood of that aspect of campus life.
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
- Name: Lisa Weissenburger-Moser
- Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa
- Year/program: Second-year epidemiology student
What is your best memory from your time at UNMC?
My best memory at UNMC is when a group of people from the College of Public Health travelled to Rapid City, S.D., to put on a GIS training for the Northern Plains Tribal Epidemiology Center. It was an amazing experience and a great opportunity to learn from the tribal people.
Our four brand values are leadership, commitment to excellence, working together and being a trusted resource. Pick one and tell us a time you witnessed it embodied at UNMC.
I see commitment to excellence every day in the College of Public Health. It is inspiring to be around such dedicated faculty. I have witnessed firsthand commitment to excellence from all of the colleges on campus. I was a part of Interprofessional Education Day where I had the chance to meet faculty from the many colleges and saw them work together to make the day a success.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I was in the Peace Corps in West Africa after graduating from college.
- I have three amazing and talented younger brothers.
- I am going to India for my Capstone/Service Learning project this spring.