A UNMC memory from Dr. PaulmanAt the annual faculty meeting today (see sidebar), UNMC will recognize 15 faculty members who have worked at the university for 40 or 30 years.
Among those who will be honored is Paul Paulman, M.D., professor of family medicine, who has been at the university for 30 years.
|Paul Paulman, M.D.|
While I was attending a state meeting of our specialty society, I had a chance to speak to one of our residency graduates who is practicing very successfully in a rural underserved community in Nebraska.
He told me that I had been a positive influence during his medical school and residency regarding his choosing an underserved rural community for practice and staying there.
It felt very good to know that my actions had a positive influence on someone I admired greatly for his work serving the citizens of Nebraska.
Aside from Dr. Paulman, others with 40 and 30 years of service at UNMC who will be honored at the annual faculty meeting include:
- Margaret Kessinger, M.D. - 40 years
- Stan Harn, Ph.D. - 40 years
- Parvis Pour, Ph.D. - 40 years
- James Armitage, M.D. - 30 years
- David Brown, Ph.D. - 30 years
- Sam Cohen, M.D., Ph.D. - 30 years
- John Colombo, M.D. - 30 years
- James Edney, M.D. - 30 years
- Carl Greiner, M.D. - 30 years
- Donald Johnson, Ph.D. - 30 years
- Lynell Klassen, M.D. - 30 years
- Jane Potter, M.D. - 30 years
- Thomas Sears, M.D. - 30 years
- Jon Thompson, M.D. - 30 years
Annual Faculty Meeting information
It will be broadcast to the following sites at UNMC’s non-Omaha campuses:
- College of Nursing–Lincoln, Room 304
- College of Dentistry-Lincoln, Dixon Hall
- College of Nursing–Panhandle Station, Room 203
- College of Nursing-Kearney, UNK Communication Building, Room 148W