UNMC Board of Counselors welcomes nine new membersFreddie Gray of Omaha named chairperson; Dave Wimmer of West Point named vice chair
The University of Nebraska Medical Center Board of Counselors held its annual meeting recently naming new officers and welcoming nine new members.
The board – a group of more than 60 community and business leaders from across the state – advises UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., on health care issues of importance.
Freddie Gray, a management/strategy consultant in Omaha, was named chairperson. Dave Wimmer, retired chairman and CEO of Wimmer’s Meat Products of West Point, will serve as vice chair.
New board members:
Below are the hometowns, names and affiliations of the nine new board members.
- Ann Martin, president, IdeaBank Marketing
- Charlie Bills, fitness manager, Madonna Proactive
- Judy Wilcox, community volunteer
- Sean M. Conway, Esq., attorney, Doran, Lustgarten & Troia, PC
- Weysan Dun, Dun Global Solutions Group LLC
- Viv Ewing, Ph.D., executive director, Alzheimer's Association
- Gail Graeve, president, Graeve Marketing Group
- Margaret Cavanaugh-Boyer, M.D., partner, Sandhills Family Medicine
- Jill Broderson, architect, Homestead Homes of America, Inc.
Other board members who continue to serve:
Below are the names, hometowns and affiliations (where provided) of board members who continue to serve.
- Patricia Koch, co-owner, Perrin Manufacturing and Tridako Industries
- Dennis Byars, former state senator, Nebraska Legislature
- Mick Jensen, CEO, Great Plains Communications, Inc.
- Patrick "Marty" Connealy, attorney-senior partner, Crites, Shaffer, Connealy, Watson, Patras & Cullers, P.C., L.L.O
- K.C. Belitz, president, Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce
- Ralph Bradley, Esq., attorney, Bradley, Elsbernd, Andersen, Kneale & Mues Jankovitz PC, Attorneys at Law
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Carolina Quezada, executive director, Latino Center of the Midlands
- Michael Jones, president, Jones Insurance Agency
- Curt Hofer, residential/commercial builder and developer, Jasper Stone Partners
- Will Armstrong, investment planner, Edward Jones
- Chris Johnson, attorney, Conway Pauley Johnson, Attorneys at Law
- Terry Krohn, director, Two Rivers Health Department
- Mary Bills Strand, associate broker, Woods Brothers Realty Co.
- Marshall Borchert, president, Springbok Instrument, Inc.
- Leirion Gaylor Baird, city councilwoman, Lincoln City Council
- Jean Jeffrey, CPA, retired
- Liz Koop, president and CEO, Education Quest Foundation
- William "Bill" Lester, executive vice president/treasurer, Ameritas
- Angela Muhleisen, CEO & president, Union Bank and Trust Co.
- Lisa Smith, Smith Hayes Financial Services, Inc.
- Jana Tanner, home health liaison, Physician's Choice Home Health Care
- Ronald Wachter, vice president, retired, BryanLGH Medical Center
- Dwight Wininger, executive vice president, Pinpoint Broadband, Inc.
- Donna Woods, community volunteer
- Courtney Dentlinger, economic development director, City of Norfolk
- Bradley Krivohlavek, D.D.S., dentist
- Kent Warneke, editor, Norfolk Daily News
- Willie Barney, president, Empowerment Network
- Bob Belgrade, partner, Belgrade Company
- Anne Branigan, senior vice president-innovative services, Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce
- Howard Buffett, president and co-owner, Buffett Farms Nebraska LLC
- John Cavanaugh, vice president, Holland Children's Movement
- Tom Fischer, vice president, general counsel & secretary, Duncan Aviation, Inc.
- Nelson Gordman
- Kellie Harry, legislative consultant, federal government affairs, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
- Joel Hutchins, M.D., retired
- Chris Kircher, VP corporate affairs & foundation president, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Diny Landen, president/owner, Vantage Communications, Inc.
- Othello Meadows III, executive director, Seventy-five North Revitalization Corp.
- Allyson Mendoza, J.D., attorney, Douglas County Public Defender's Office
- Michael Pallesen, partner, Cline Williams Wright Johnson & Oldfather, L.L.P.
- Chris Rodgers, commissioner, Douglas County Board of Commissioners
- Suzanne Singer, career volunteer
- Ray Somberg, president & executive director, 1st Responders Foundation
- Brad von Gillern, president, Lueder Construction Company
- Thomas Warren, president & CEO, Urban League of Nebraska
- Roger Weitz, general director, Opera Omaha
- Mario Rodriguez, assistant manager-agency recruiting, State Farm Insurance Co.
- Amy Springer, M.D., physician, Webster County Hospital
- David Bartlett, owner, Bartlett and Company
- Sandy Massey, senior VP-director of human resources, Platte Valley Companies
- Marian Davenport, nurse, Valentine Community Schools
- Margaret Brink
- Karen Harris, community volunteer
Through world-class research and patient care, UNMC generates breakthroughs that make life better for people throughout Nebraska and beyond. Its education programs train more health professionals than any other institution in the state. Learn more at unmc.edu and follow us on social media.