College of Public Health to hold open house March 9Explore exciting public health career choices at March 9 open house
Exciting career choices in public health will be explored during an open house at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health on Friday, March 9.
The open house will be from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Maurer Center for Public Health, 519 S. 40th Plaza Circle.
This one-day event provides prospective students with a basic understanding of the field of public health and the academic public health programs at UNMC. Students will have the opportunity to meet with public health leadership, faculty, researchers and current students.
The open house is for students, pre-health advisors and career counselors who want a greater understanding of the field of public health and all the opportunities for education and research in the College of Public Health.
In addition, experts will lead discussions on health reform and public health careers. Panel members will include representatives from the following organizations:
- Centers for Disease Control
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Gallup Consulting
- Nebraska Health and Human Services
- Health Center Association of Nebraska
- UNMC - Governmental Relations
- Nebraska Apple Seed Center for Law in the Public Interest
- National Conference of State Legislatures - Health Committee
- Rural Health Education Network and presidential appointee to the advisory group on Prevention, Health Promotion and Integrative Public Health.
To register and review a full schedule, visit: http://www.unmc.edu/publichealth/coph-openhouse.htm.
UNMC Public Relations