"This marks the first time an entire UNMC school or college had 100 percent participation in the drive," said Kacie Gerard, manager of the UNMC United Way Drive.
And so we say:
But there were some other highlights from this year's drive, too. For example:
- We raised $153,916 to crush our goal of $148,000;
- 42 percent of the campus participated in the drive, which is our highest rate yet; and
- Steering committee member Megan Tracy helped get everyone in the Administration Building to participate in the campaign this year, which marks another first.
"Megan, Geri and all of the committee members did a great job of getting people to participate, which helped us set new records," Gerard said.
Aside from Finn and Tracy, UNMC's United Way steering committee members for this year's drive were:
- Marcia Beer -- Academic Affairs
- Mary McNamee -- Student Services
- Susan Smith -- Human Resources
- Dan Michalak -- Facilities Management and Planning
- Judy Houfek -- College of Medicine
- Ana Lara-Ramirez -- College of Nursing
- James Gamerl -- College of Pharmacy
- Shawn Smith -- College of Public Health
- Eileen Andersen -- Information Technology Services
- Michael Crawford -- Munroe-Meyer Institute
- Jodi Ehrig -- Research
- Barb Cajka -- Eppley Institute
- Hugh Stoddard -- 2012 Campaign Chair
Kudos to Geri and the School of Allied Health Professions Team.