Student Spotlight - Chris Vatland, Ph.D.Education is one of the four pillars of UNMC's mission and our students are the lifeblood of that aspect of campus life.
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
|Chris Vatland, Ph.D.|
- Name: Chris Vatland, Ph.D.
- Hometown: Minnetonka, Minn. -- but Oregon for the last 16 years.
- Program/Year: Post-doctoral fellow in special education
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Compared to What" by Les McCann and Eddie Harris
- "Danse Caribe" by Andrew Bird
- "Pencil Full Of Lead" by Paolo Nutini
Name your favorite study spot.
After 15 years in Oregon, anywhere with a bit of sun.
Your favorite study snack is ...
Almonds with dried mango -- a tasty and satisfying combination.
Your favorite app is ...
I confess that I'm not much of an app user, but Near Me seems useful in a pinch.
Three things people may not know about you.
- I love mountain backpacking treks, though I have a fear of heights.
- I once had a small role in a movie that was never distributed.
- I play about 10 or so different musical instruments. Not all at once.
Vman!!! hope all is well. this is covili. firstname.lastname@example.org peace
Impressive get to know you piece. I totally like two of the three songs you listed. 10 insturments, mango's and almonds.....Great to have such a discerning and well rounded post-doc fellow on campus.
I like the song by Paolo Nutini as well! He's a great singer!