Spirit Week 2012 - Lunch fun set for todayHead over to the Scott Student Plaza between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. today for some more Spirit Week fun.
- Get free admission to the UNMC ice rink ($3 skate rental fee not included);
- Take pictures in a photo booth;
- Don crazy hats and possibly win prizes;
- Enjoy hot dogs (and other items) from Chicago Dawg House (cash or credit accepted); and
- Purchase apparel from the UNMC Bookstore.
The Student Plaza will be the focus site of some of Thursday's Spirit Week activities as the third annual student broomball tournament gets underway in the afternoon.
At 4 p.m., students will discover who wins an opportunity to smash a whip cream pie in the face of their professors. To enter, place $1 (along with your name and the professor you wish to pie) in marked containers in the dean's office of the participating colleges. Professors who have volunteered to be pied are:
- School of Allied Health Professions -- Greg Karst, Ph.D.
- College of Pharmacy -- Charles Krobot, Pharm.D., Don Klepser, Ph.D., and Ally Dering-Anderson, Pharm.D.
- College of Public Health -- Shawn Gibbs, Ph.D., Becky Anderson, J.D., and Lea Pounds
- College of Medicine -- Geoffrey Talmon, M.D., and Jay Moore, M.D.
- College of Nursing -- Cathy Binstock
Wind down on Thursday with a free yoga session at 5 p.m. in the Durham Research Center commons.
Register for the scavenger hunt
Don't forget to register your teams for Friday's "Scavenger Hunt With a Twist," in which teams of three to five will collect clues around campus and bring them back to the events center, where they will open them to solve a word puzzle.
The hunt starts at 11:15 a.m. Register your team at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Thursday.
Keep those eyes peeled
Also remember to keep an eye out for red UNMC icon cards. The cards will be placed at random spots around the campus throughout the week. If you find one, pick it up and bring it to the PR office on the third floor of the 4230 Building to win a T-shirt.
And don't forget that this week you can enjoy:
- Free admission to the Center for Healthy Living (includes fitness classes); and
- An office decoration push. Decorate your office area to show your UNMC spirit. Send photos to email@example.com so they can be featured in the newsletter.
A Spirit Week thank you!
- Don and Millie’s
- Midtown Crossing
- The University of Nebraska at Omaha Athletic Department
- Café 110
- Dundee Dell
- Jones Bros Cupcakes
- Charlie Graham
- Omaha Community Playhouse
- Barrett’s Barleycorn Pub and Grill
- UNMC Bookstore
- Godfathers Pizza