Register your team at email@example.com.
|Register your team for Friday's "Spirit Week Scavenger Hunt with a Twist."|
The hunt will be held in conjunction with a free lunch for employees that starts at 11:30 a.m. in the events center.
Broomball and pies to the face!
The Student Plaza will be the epicenter of today's Spirit Week activities as the third annual student broomball tournament gets underway at 3 p.m.
At 4 p.m., students will see who gets the opportunity to smash a whip cream pie in the face of their professors. To enter, place $1 (along with your name and the professor you wish to pie) in marked containers in the dean's office of the participating colleges. Professors who have volunteered to be pied are:
- School of Allied Health Professions -- Greg Karst, Ph.D.
- College of Pharmacy -- Charles Krobot, Pharm.D., Don Klepser, Ph.D., and Ally Dering-Anderson, Pharm.D.
- College of Public Health -- Shawn Gibbs, Ph.D., Becky Anderson, J.D., and Lea Pounds
- College of Medicine -- Geoffrey Talmon, M.D., and Jay Moore, M.D.
- College of Nursing -- Cathy Binstock
You also can wind down this afternoon with a free yoga session at 5 p.m. in the Durham Research Center commons.
Icons around us
Remember to keep an eye out for red UNMC icon cards, which have been placed at random spots around the campus. If you find one, pick it up and bring it to the PR office on the third floor of the 4230 Building to win a T-shirt.
More for Friday
Aside from the scavenger hunt and campus lunch, Friday's activities also include:
- A performance by the UNMC Musical Society in the events center at 12:15 p.m.; and
- A ping-pong tournament in the Durham Research Center at 5 p.m. Contact Rick Pruch at 559-8422 for more information.