Student spotlight - Katie LydiattEducation is one of the four pillars of UNMC's mission and our students are the lifeblood of that aspect of campus life.
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
- Name: Katie Lydiatt
- Hometown: Omaha
- Program/Year: Second-year medical student
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Monkey" by Counting Crows
- "Indiana" by The Samples
- "Sway" by The Kooks
Name your favorite study spot.
Couch corner of Sorrell
Your favorite study snack is ...
Your favorite app is ...
Three things people may not know about you.
- I spent a semester working at Ross Medical School down in Dominica. While I was there I adopted a puppy named Stella. Four flights, two days, and three countries later, she is now a proud Nebraskan :)
- I was a History major in undergrad -- and it really showed during my biochem core!
- I am terrified of sharks and, consequently, know way more about them than any non-marine biologist should.