|In 2006, Stephen Rennard, M.D., was named UNMC's first Scientist Laureate.|
- A. Irving Zucker, Ph.D.
- B. Howard Gendelman, M.D.
- C. Stephen Rennard, M.D.
- D. Shelley Smith, Ph.D.
The Scientist Laureate Award is the highest honor UNMC bestows upon its researchers. Dr. Rennard -- Larson professor of internal medicine-pulmonary medicine and a world-renowned researcher of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- received the first Scientist Laureate Award in 2006.
Here is a complete list of UNMC's Scientist Laureates:
- 2006 -- Stephen Rennard, M.D.;
- 2007 -- Irving Zucker, Ph.D.;
- 2008 -- Howard Gendelman, M.D.;
- 2009 -- Alexander "Sasha" Kabanov, Ph.D.;
- 2010 -- Shelley Smith, Ph.D.; and
- 2011 -- Tony Hollingsworth, Ph.D.