To request an electronic version of your W-2:
- Log in to Firefly
- Click on the link "Enroll Now" on the home page or click on ESS, then Payment, and select "Enroll for Online W-2 Tax Year 2012."
- Click on the button to select the option "Receive W-2 only via online service." NOTE: If you choose the option Receive W-2 only in paper you will NOT have access to the form online at any time.
- Once you have made your choice, click the box next to Declaration of my W-2 delivery choice.
- Click on Save and Submit.
You will receive a confirmation email stating you have elected to receive the online delivery of your W-2. You can change your option as many times as desired up until the deadline.
If you choose to continue receiving a printed W-2, you will NOT have access to the online form at any time.
Benefits of receiving the W-2 electronically:
- Provides earlier access to your W-2 than the traditional mail process.
- Eliminates the chance that the W-2 statement will be lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced during delivery or after receipt by the employee.
- Access is available through the secure website ESS on Firefly which an employee can access their wage information at any time of the day or on the weekends.
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Employees are contributing to cost savings (forms, printing, and postage) for the university.
Federal regulations require employees give their consent to receive the W-2 in a secure electronic format. Once the consent is given it carries forward each year* and does not need to be repeated.
Right now as of 1148 12/28, the option to sign up for on-line W-2's on ESS says "coming soon" so I am unable to register.
How would the confirmation show up in our inbox, if we are not sure if we have already done this or not?