The awards are:
- Wellness Warriors -- Once a month, members of the wellness group will "catch" random people on campus engaged in some form of wellness. One winner will be "caught" per month and be given a $10 iTunes gift card and profiled in "Wellness Wednesday" in UNMC Today.
- UNMC Wellness Advocate Award -- This award recognizes an employee (faculty or staff member) for his or her efforts to improve and maintain a healthy lifestyle as well as promote wellness and inspire those around them. Nominees should have positively impacted their co-workers through their personal wellness choices and be employed by UNMC for at least one year.
- UNMC Personal Change Award -- This award recognizes an employee (faculty or staff member) who has made a personal wellness change in his or her own life. Nominees should have made a change in their lives that positively impacts their well-being and that of those around them. Nominees should have made a healthy behavior change in the past year and be employed by UNMC for at least one year. Self nominations are accepted.
The UNMC Wellness Advocate Award and the UNMC Personal Change Award will be presented to employees one time per calendar year in the spring.
The recipients of these awards will receive:
- Seats at UNMC Table during WELCOM annual lunch;
- Feature profiles in UNMC Today;
- Plaques to recognize their accomplishments;
- $100 stipends to be used toward fitness membership at location of choice, Whole Foods, Scheels or Peak Performance.