Spotlight on new faculty - Ghada Soliman, M.D., Ph.D.Ghada Soliman, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor, health promotion, social, and behavioral health, College of Public Health, is among the many new faculty members at UNMC.
|Ghada Soliman, M.D., Ph.D.|
Title: Associate Professor, Health Promotion, Social, and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health
Interests: Dr. Soliman's translational research is focused on obesity, and related metabolic disorders, as well as the impact of micronutrient deficiencies among individuals, across populations and globally.
Her basic research focuses on a nutrient-sensing protein termed the mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR), as a master regulator of metabolism, cell growth and proliferation.
Degrees: M.D. Cairo University Medical School, Cairo, Egypt 1987; Ph.D. in nutritional sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz., 1994; Postdoctoral Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Waco, Texas, Children's Nutrition Research Center, and Atherosclerosis and Vascular Biology, 1996-2002.
Previous positions: Assistant professor, Dietetics and Human Nutrition, College of Education and Human Development, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo - 2009 - 2012.
- American Society on Nutritional Sciences
- American Diabetes Association, Member
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Metabolomics Society
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Research in Dietetics Practice Group
- Dietetics Practice Group, Nutrition Educators of Health Professional,
- Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Ad hoc Reviewer, Journal of Nutrition, Obesity Research, Kidney International, Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Arthritis Research and Therapy, Gene, Lipids, and Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology.