UNMC LiveGreen - Reminder: Shut the sash!Campus researchers are reminded to fully shut fume-hood sashes when they are not in use.
|These stickers have been placed on many campus fume hoods to remind investigators to keep the sashes closed when they aren't in use.|
When they fully shut unused fume hood sashes, researchers help:
- Conserve energy and reduce UNMC's environmental impact;
- Ensure their safety and that of their colleagues;
- Save the university at least $700,000 to $900,000 annually by ensuring the air exchange system runs efficiently;
- Limit the amount of conditioned air that exits the building; and
- Prevent alarms from going off in the evening in some of our research buildings.