So, take advantage of the UNMC Decathlon, which runs through April 14, and go green with your exercise activities. You will not only improve your self-esteem and mood, you also will help the environment.
Try these LiveGreen/Decathlon-related activities:
- Walk or bike to work and save fuel and emissions.
- Exercise outdoors - run the trails, do yoga in the sun, complete errands by bike and bring your own bag.
- Develop a stretching routine you can do outside on your deck or patio.
- Start a small garden in your yard this spring.
- If stuck inside, take the stairs instead of elevators and escalators and save electricity.
- If you exercise indoors, position yourself in front of a window with a pleasant view.
- Play outdoors with your children and/or pets.
- Socialize with friends during a walk through the neighborhood. Pick up liter along the way.
- Open the door yourself, rather than pushing the button! (Saves power.)