Student spotlight - Kelli GruberEducation is one of the four pillars of UNMC's mission and our students are the lifeblood of that aspect of campus life.
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
- Name: Kelli Gruber
- Hometown: York, Neb.
- Program/Year: 2nd year MPH epidemiology
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Long Division" by Death Cab for Cutie
- "Come As You Are" by Nirvana
- "This City" by Patrick Stump
Name your favorite study spot.
My apartment or Scooter's
What is your favorite study snack...
A Luna Bar
What is your favorite app...
The ABC channel app so I can watch "Modern Family" and other shows when I'm at the gym
Three things people may not know about you.
- I've wanted a Pomeranian since I was 16.
- I ran my first full marathon in Omaha last fall.
- I'm in the Cancer Epidemiology Education in Special Populations program that offers scholarships to undergraduate, graduate or professional students in the health sciences for international or domestic projects. The required cancer epi course work, along with another research project I have worked on involving cancer, has helped me realize I want to continue to work in cancer research. More specifically, I'm interested in cancer control and prevention of pediatric leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. VILMA JOHNSONMarch 18, 2013 at 5:38 AM
KELLY, I REMEMBER THE DARLING YOUNG GIRL THAT GREETED GUESTS AT VJ'S CENTERY HOUSE, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY YOU ARE. I''M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR CHOICE OFA FUTURE CARRIER. MUCH HAPPINESS . LOVE YA, VILMA JOHNSON V.J'S