The 14-person search committee is supported by Isaacson, Miller, a leading search firm with extensive health science center experience.
"Working with the committee, the campus administration and our consults has been smooth and effective," Dr. Linder said. "The efforts of the firm and nominations secured by our committee have led to a large number of exceptionally well qualified candidates, which reflects the attractiveness of this opportunity at the University of Nebraska."
The search will remain open until a chancellor is selected, and the committee will evaluate most candidates by mid-April to allow recommendations to University of Nebraska President J.B. Milliken. Dr. Linder expects finalists will visit the UNMC campus in May when they will meet broadly with UNMC faculty and staff.
"It isn't too late to encourage colleagues to explore this opportunity," said Dr. Linder, senior associate to the president for innovation and economic competitiveness and president of the University Technology Development Corporation. Potential candidates can find detailed information on the UNMC chancellor search here.
In addition to Dr. Linder, other members of the search committee include:
- Mogens Bay, chairman and chief executive officer, Valmont Industries Inc., and board member, The Nebraska Medical Center
- Linda Cunningham, division director for employee relations, organizational development and diversity, UNMC
- Kilie Donovan, third-year student, UNMC College of Medicine
- Ayman El-Mohandes, M.B.B.Ch., M.D., M.P.H.,, dean, UNMC College of Public Health
- Kevin Garvin, M.D., chair of orthopaedic surgery, UNMC College of Medicine
- Patricia Hageman, Ph.D., professor of physical therapy education, UNMC School of Allied Health Professions
- Gerald Luckey, M.D., Butler County Clinic
- Jeffrey Payne, D.D.S., F. Gene and Rosemary Dixon endowed chair in dentistry and associate dean for research, UNMC College of Dentistry
- Juliann Sebastian, Ph.D., dean, UNMC College of Nursing
- Cory Shaw, chief executive officer, UNMC Physicians
- Maria Vazquez, associate vice president for student affairs, Metropolitan Community College
- Jonathan Vennerstrom, Ph.D., professor of pharmaceutical sciences, UNMC College of Pharmacy
- Julie Vose, M.D., professor of internal medicine, UNMC Division of Hematology & Oncology