This week, we learn more about Charlie Litton, communications associate at UNeMed.
- Name: Charlie Litton
- Hometown: Omaha
- No. of years at UNMC: Started in late January 2013
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC:
I'm the communications associate at UNeMed, the technology transfer arm for UNMC. A lot of what I do involves helping a wider audience understand the complexity of some of the amazing innovations and technology conceived and developed here.
Leadership is one of UNMC's brand values. What examples of leadership have you seen?
In my short time here, I haven't experienced something that would fit the strictest definition of the term. But there is more to leadership than standing up front and yelling "Charge." For example, I can't tell you how many gestures of genuine goodwill and guidance I've received from all corners during the past several weeks. I don't know if that's just UNMC or part of the greater Nebraska experience, but I know it's uncommon.
What is your favorite spring activity?
Blinding friends, family and innocent bystanders in the early days of short-friendly temperatures.
List three or four things people may not know about you.
- For nearly five years I worked in Atlanta on a massive underground project building tunnels beneath the city. I drove the $12 million Tunnel Boring Machine on the project and spent most of my free time wondering where I went wrong with my life.
- I have zero tattoos. Am I the only one troubled that such a fact is noteworthy?
- I'm scuba certified, and I've also done a solo skydive. Given the option, I'd rather swim with sharks than jump out of another airplane.
- I have severe impulse control issues with bacon, lasagna, and cream cheese. And I'm okay with that.
Welcome to UNMC. I sense you have an off-beat sense of humor.....I LOVE that in a person.
Welcome to UNMC!