- Name: Laura Vinson
- Hometown: Osmond, Neb.
- No. of years at UNMC: Three years
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.
I have the privilege of working with:
- Master of Public Health students to plan their Service Learning/Capstone Experience, and;
- All UNMC students to engage in community outreach legacy projects (refugees, homeless, domestic violence victims, STIs in the Douglas County jail and bone marrow donation awareness).
Working together is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a time you witnessed a person or group work together at UNMC.
I have witnessed faculty from UNMC, which our Service Learning Academy works with, engage with the community on a meaningful level to improve population health. This simply cannot be done without effective partnerships and working together.
What is your favorite spring activity?
I love to be outside and go on walks, even if it's raining.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I am a UNMC College of Public Health alum.
- I have six adorable nephews.
- I love to swim.
I've know Laura for over a year and she is a beautiful young woman inside and out. She is passionate in her work and is always eager to do her best in every situation. I'm proud to know her and am glad to have had the opportunity to work with her on occasion.