Student spotlight - Annie Gurney
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
Today we meet Annie Gurney, a first-year medical student.
- Name: Annie Gurney
- Hometown: Omaha
- Program/Year: College of Medicine, first year
List three songs on your playlist:
- "Sweet Nothing," by Calvin Harris, featuring Florence Welch
- "Young and Wild," by Eric Church
- "Bennie and the Jets," by Elton John
Name your favorite study spot
I like to study either in a classroom in Sorrell or at my friend's dining room table.
Your favorite study snack is:
Hummus, even if it does make my breath smell...
Your favorite app is:
GroupMe - so I can message all my friends at once!
Three things people may not know about you:
- I was named after the novel "My Antonia," by Willa Cather;
- I have lots of ties to UNMC. My mom and two of my aunts graduated from the College of Nursing, my dad graduated from the College of Medicine, and my cousin Kayli is about to graduate from the College of Pharmacy.
- This past winter I played sweeper on the worst broomball team in the history of UNMC - we lost every game (and this was the first year of UNMC's intramural broomball league)!