Professionals Day celebrates scholarly activities and provides students, faculty and the dental community an opportunity to share professional and academic activities.
The scientific program highlights the academic achievements of the students and their research on topics concerning oral health. The annual event is held in the East Union on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus.
|Lyde Adams, D.D.S.|
- First: Nechelle Nicol and Whitney Porn, "The Use of CloSYS Dentifrice and Mouthrinse with Professional Oral Care to Reduce Dental Biofilm in Nursing Home Residents: A Pilot Study"
- Second: Kelsey Frantom and Clare Campbell, "In Vitro Comparison of the Effectiveness in Tooth Whitening Using Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Whitestrips and Walgreens Dental Strips"
- Third: Lee Saenz and Nicholas Slater, "The Effect of Titanium Nitride Coatings on Edge Retention of Dental Scalers"
- First: Lyde Adams, D.D.S., "Antifungal Biofilm Activity of Endosequence Root Repair Material in the Presence of PDL Cell"
- Second: Mark Terry, D.D.S., "Gingival Foreign-body Granuloma with the Use of a Dental Water Jet: A Case Report"
- First: Paul Johnson, "Alveolar Bone Loss in Subjects with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis"
- Second (tie): Christina Carter, "Bacterial Analysis of Endodontic Infections: Comparison of Vital and Non-Vital Root Canals"
- Second (tie): Charlotte Church and Megan Tobin, "A Comparison of Surface Roughness and Gloss Indices of Lithium Disilicate Cerami, Feldspathic Cerami, and Resin-Modified Ceramic CAD/CAM Blocks"