- Name: Nicole Jensen
- Hometown: Council Bluffs, Iowa
- No. of years at UNMC: Two months
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.
I am the associate for the recruitment and student engagement graduate recruiter and director. I do a lot of reporting, program assistance, presentation development, etc.
Leadership is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a time you witnessed a person or group provide exemplary leadership at UNMC.
I believe the leaders of UNMC are the directors, assistant vice and vice chancellors, our chancellor, and every staff underneath those leaders. I haven't been here long enough to really get engaged and/or see anything astronomical; however, I will say that seeing a director or staff leader explain something to their associates, or show them how to do something, or work with them on something is leadership in itself. They always stay positive and try to help in any way they can.
What is your favorite spring activity?
Planting flowers with my daughter and watching her soccer games.
List three things people may not know about you.
- My family is from the Philippines (on mom's side), therefore I'm Filipino-American;
- I have terrible OCD and have to count everything in "5s"; and
- I am a master hair stylist and have my own salon business!