Student spotlight - Dewi Kartikawati Ningsih
|Dewi Kartikawati Ningsih|
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals. Today we meet Dewi Kartikawati Ningsih, an MPH student in the College of Public Health.
- Name: Dewi Kartikawati Ningsih
- Hometown: East Java, Indonesia
- Program/Year: First-year MPH student in Health Policy
List three songs on your playlist:
- "Faithfully," by Boyce Avenue, acoustic cover
- "I Believe," by Maher Zain
- "Hitamku," by Andra and the Backbone (Indonesian songs)
Name your favorite study spot:
I look for quiet place in the corner to study in at McGoogan Library.
What is your favorite study snack?
Ehm . . . I think I am the one who can eat everything that I like.
What is your favorite app?
Don't have one.
Three things people may not know about you:
- My parents have 10 children and I am the youngest, so basically I grew up around many siblings and learned how to appreciate others.
- I wrote two books in my native language that were published by the National Publisher in Indonesia. I want to publish my third book after I'm finished with my studies here.
- I used to play tennis every weekend when I was back home, but I am not good anymore since I haven't played or taken lessons since I came here.