Pharmacology colloquium set for Thursday
|UNMC's Jialin Zheng, M.D., will speak at the colloquium.|
The event, which is open to others on campus with an interest in this area, is sponsored by the Chronic HIV Infection and Aging in NeuroAIDS (CHAIN) Center. It is the third straight year the CHAIN Center has held this educational event.
UNMC speakers will include:
- Shilpa Buch, Ph.D.,
- Howard E. Gendelman, M.D.,
- Jialin Zheng, M.D.; and
- moderator Howard S. Fox, M.D., Ph.D.
Other speakers will include:
- Lena Al-Harthi, Ph.D., Rush University;
- Sabita Roy, Ph.D., University of Minnesota;
- Johnny He, Ph.D., University of North Texas Health Science Center;
- Kelly Jordan-Sciutto, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania;
- Jay Rappaport, Ph.D., Temple University;
- Dennis Kolson, M.D., Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania; and
- Jonathan Geiger, Ph.D., University of North Dakota;
The colloquium's panels and presentations will offer updates on processes occurring within and between cells in the central nervous system that underlie the continued deficit manifested by those suffering from HIV associated neurocognitive disorders (HAND).
Participants will also learn about the latest findings, controversies, potential therapies, and directions for future research.
The colloquium will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the DRC Auditorium.
All interested UNMC personnel are welcome to attend the talks in the DRC Auditorium. If you'd like to attend via the webinar, registration is required. Go here to register.
The CHAIN Center is supported by the National Institute of Mental Health.
For further information, contact Robin Taylor, 559-3549.