UNMC for the record
|Individual award winners at the College of Nursing faculty-staff awards. Pictured, from left: Karen Schumacher, Paula Schulz, Barb Sand, Roberta Kroeger, Cathy Binstock, Connie Miller, Maureen Oberdorfer, Cara Mouw and John Barrier. Not pictured are: Steph Burge and Amy Herboldsheimer.|
Award recipients included:
- Karen Schumacher, the Spirit of Shared Governance Recognition;
- Paula Schulz, Ph.D., the Pennie Z. Davis Faculty Research Award;
- Barb Sand, the Rosalee Yeaworth Teaching Excellence Award;
- Roberta Kroeger, the Ada Lindsey Professional Service Award;
- Cathy Binstock, the Dean's Teaching Excellence Award;
- Connie Miller, Ph.D., the Virginia Tilden Leadership Development Award;
- Maureen Oberdorfer, the Staff Spirit Award;
- Cara Mouw, the Staff Excellence Award;
- John Barrier, the Staff Leadership Award;
- Steph Burge, the Donna Westmoreland Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award; and
- Amy Herboldsheimer, the Kathryn Sandahl Philip Award for Creativity and Innovation.
There was also a new team award presented: The Distinguished Team Award went to the College of Nursing DNP Site Visit team. The team included Juliann Sebastian, Ph.D., Alan Wass, Cara Mouw, Carla Troutman, Colleen Buescher, Patrick Rejda, Karen Grigsby, Ph.D., Kelly McDonald, Anji Wittman, Sue Barnason, Ph.D., John Barrier, Catherine Bevil, Ed.D., and John Rejda.
The Nebraska Chapter of the National Safety Council has ranked UNMC, The Nebraska Medical Center, Bellevue Medical Center and the Nebraska Orthopaedic Hospital among the safest companies in Nebraska in 2013. UNMC, which has ranked among the safest companies for five years, qualified in the Honor with Distinction category as did the Nebraska Orthopaedic Hospital. Bellevue Medical Center qualified in the Honor - Bronze category, while The Nebraska Medical Center qualified in the Merit category.