Name: Neil J. Hansen, M.D.
Hometown: Elkhorn, Neb.
New title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, radiology
Research Interests: Body imaging, oncologic imaging, radiation dose reduction
- M.D., UNMC;
- Internship, transitional year, Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines;
- Residency, diagnostic radiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Mich.; and
- Fellowship, body imaging, University of Michigan Medical Center.
Certification: American Board of Radiology
Previous positions: Diagnostic Radiology Residency and Body Imaging Fellowship, University of Michigan
Memberships: American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, American Roentgen Ray Society, Association of University Radiologists
How I fell in love with radiology: During medical school, Dr. Jud Gurney persuaded me that the best way to pursue my desire to be a medical detective was through noninvasive imaging and the field of radiology.
Three things you don't know about me:
- I love taking my two kids fishing;
- my wife and I like traveling to new places; and
- living in Michigan for five years served to make me a bigger Nebraska fan than ever.