Use your smartphone to decrease your carbon footprint! LiveGreen has done the work for you by finding eco-friendly apps that are also friendly on your wallet (in other words, free.):
Available on iPhone & Android:
- Search for recycling locations by category (type of item); and
- Learn what is recyclable in your area and where to take it.
- Find local community-supported agriculture, farmer's markets and farms; and
- Learn what foods are in season in your area and discover corresponding recipes.
- Calculate the "walkability" of any location; and
- Find maps and photos of nearby restaurants, parks and more.
- Decrease unwanted junk mail simply by sending a picture of the mail you no longer wish to receive.
- Search for consignment clothing for kids, teens and women; and
- Filter by category, price, brand, color and more.
- See how your everyday activities impact the planet.
Available on iPhone:
Do it Gorgeously (Green)
- Watch how-to videos by Sophie Uliano; and
Recipes for non-toxic products for beauty, pets, home and more.
- Learn how much water it takes to produce the products we use; and
- Calculate the amount of water consumed performing daily activities.
- Crush digital cans to track your recycling efforts; and
- See the amount of carbon you have saved and the equivalent in trees planted.
Great resources! Didn't know half of these existed! Thank you!