|Kishor Bhakat, Ph.D.|
New title and department at UNMC: Associate professor, Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy
Research Interests: My research is focused on the area of transcriptional regulation and epigenetic memory in cancer. It is aimed at a better understanding of how cancer cells remember and transmit the transcriptional memory to daughter cells for maintaining their sustained proliferation and survival. This may lead to identification and development of novel epigenetic marks as an early diagnostic and prognostic biomarker for cancer.
- M.S., University of Calcutta, India
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Calcutta, India
- Postdoctoral Training, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Previous Position: Associate professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and scientist, Sealy Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas.
Three things you do not know about me:
- I'm a Hurricane Ike survivor in Galveston Island, Texas, in 2008.
- I love to sleep or read in the car when my wife and my daughter are busy in the shopping mall.
- I have never gotten a driving ticket.