The Management Series is an eight-month professional development experience uniquely designed for UNMC supervisors, managers and administrators to develop the necessary tools to become highly effective leaders.
Topics for the series foster skills in visionary and strategic thinking, leadership and team building, communication, plus contemporary topics in the ever-changing management landscape.
Since the series is progressive by design, participants must make a commitment to the entire series, with the endorsement of their immediate supervisor. The course features a highly interactive format; as a result, enrollment is limited, so early application is recommended.
Application deadline is Sept. 20. The program is sponsored by UNMC Human Resources-Employee Relations. Monthly sessions, beginning Oct. 23, will be held off campus to allow for uninterrupted learning. Please review The Management Series Poster for details regarding session dates, times and a summary of each session.
The Management Series Course Objectives are:
- Understand what drives engagement at UNMC.
- Discover the core traits of a successful leader.
- Understand how to build trust and accountability through solid, honest communication.
- Provide guidance on how to steer conflict situations in constructive directions.
- Discuss how to outline clear action plans during performance evaluations.
- Gain an understanding of what cognitive diversity is and why it matters.
- Begin to appreciate and learn to capitalize on your own strengths and those of others.
- Discuss budget, regulatory and compliance processes at UNMC.
For more information about this program CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Krom at 559-6020.
Managers and supervisors are encouraged to participate in this program.