Spotlight on new faculty -- Matthew Teusink, M.D.
|Matthew Teusink, M.D.|
- Name: Matthew Teusink, M.D.
- Hometown: Fremont, Mich.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, department of orthopaedic surgery and rehabilitation
Dr. Teusink's special interests are in shoulder and elbow arthroplasty, trauma and arthroscopy. His research interests are specifically in clinical outcomes and biomechanics of reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
- Medical degree: University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, August 2003-May 2007
- Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, July 2007-June 2012.
- Fellowship: Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Tampa, Fla., Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship, August 2012-July 2013
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
I originally fell in love with orthopaedic surgery while in high school. Being a small town, three-sport athlete in high school, I had my fair share of bumps and bruises. I had the chance to shadow a local orthopaedic surgeon performing a rotator cuff repair, and I was hooked. During my residency, I specifically fell in love with shoulder and elbow surgery, as it allows me to see a variety of patients and pathologies and perform various types of orthopaedic procedures while being an expert in a defined anatomic region.
Three things you don't know about me:
- I enjoy spending time with my wife, Jen, and son, Justin.
- I have completed eight triathlons (no Ironmans -- yet).
- I'm an avid sports fan.
Durham Outpatient Center
Oakview Medical Building
For appointments, call the Orthopaedic Clinic at (402) 559-8000.