The roundtable discussion will provide information, education and awareness about the full scope of family planning. Objectives include:
- Defining family planning.
- Discussing national, state and local family planning services and resources.
- Identifying the role of health care providers and public health practitioners.
- Developing an action plan to increase access to comprehensive family planning for patients and training for health care providers.
Participants will include:
- Libby D.J. Crockett, M.D., UNMC Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Jill Meadows, M.D., medical director, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland.
- Jill June, president and CEO, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland.
The event, which is free and open to the campus community, will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Maurer Center for Public Health, 519 S. 40th Plaza Circle, Room 1001. A meal with be provided; please RSVP by Sept. 10 with your name and affiliation, and include information about any dietary restrictions.