WalkingWorks Challenge begins Sunday
From Sunday to Oct. 26, UNMC participants -- competing against other companies and organizations throughout the state -- can log their minutes of activity (in at least 10-minute blocks), not only walking, but biking, running, Pilates or any healthy activity.
The database will track minutes exercised and convert them to "miles" for the purposes of tracking a participant's progress and team totals. At the end of the challenge, teams will be scored based on the total time spent engaging in physical activity.
For more information about the WalkingWorks Challenge, click here.
To register for the challenge, follow simple steps below:
- Go to the WalkingWorks website and click on the "Sign Up" link.
- A drop-down menu will appear with a list of plan names. Highlight "Nebraska, Blue Cross and Blue Shield"
- Then select the following:
- Group: WELCOM and BCBSNE
- Program: 2013 Group A WalkingWorks Corporate Challenge
- Team: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Continuing on the same screen, fill out the registration form by typing your name, email address, password, age group, participation level and work zip code (this is the five-digit postal zip code, not the campus zip code).
- Click "Submit."
- Review and confirm your registration information.
- Login using your email address and newly created password.
Once you sign up, you'll receive weekly e-mail reminders and tips, and you'll be able to track your personal and team progress on the website.