Student spotlight - Meet Derek Neihardt
|Derek Neihardt provided a "selfie" at the request of UNMC Today.|
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals. Today we meet Derek Neihardt, a first-year pharmacy student.
- Name: Derek Neihardt
- Hometown: Lincoln
- Program/Year: Pharmacy, first year
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Mountain Sound," by Of Monsters And Men
- "Let It Be," by Blackmill
- "Out Of My League," by Fitz and The Tantrums
What sparked your interest in pharmacy?
My family has a lot of nurses and other health care professionals, so I have always been interested in the medical field. The idea of being involved in a health care team that could improve people's lives was something I gravitated towards, and the powerful abilities of drugs and their proper use is something that I feel is a crucial step in the treatment process.
Your favorite study snack is:
Coffee or tea, and occasionally some Gummy Bears for those long study sessions!
Your favorite app is:
Three things people may not know about you:
- I have played guitar for eight years now and enjoy playing and listening to all sorts of music.
- My favorite shows are "Naruto" and "Fullmetal Alchemist."
- I love all things soccer, and my favorite club is Tottenham Hotspur! Although most people who have met me probably already know that.