| VIDEO: See Sandy's story by clicking on the image above |
United Way of the Midlands proudly funds 134 health and human service programs that help those in need across Douglas, Sarpy and Pottawattamie counties.
The services provided by United Way of the Midlands partner agencies include: basic needs, employment, housing and income, health, mental health, safety, volunteers and disaster, senior recreation, sexual assault and domestic violence, youth mentoring and parent education, youth recreation, and youth resources.
The running total
As of 3 p.m. Monday, UNMC achieved:
- Donations of $30,465, nearly 20 percent of the campaign goal of $156,000.
- Employee participation of nine percent. Last year, there was 42 percent participation -- that should be an easy number to break. Remember, using the UNMC eServ website to choose not to donate counts as participation!
Today, we meet Sandy, a struggling mother escaping an abusive relationship who turned to Catholic Charities for help.
How to contribute to the United Way:
- Click on this link. (The link will take you to UNMC eServ page.)
- Enter your UNMC username and password.
- Click on the United Way link and participate today!