In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals. Today we meet Emily Tschetter, a fourth-year student in the College of Dentistry.
- Name: Emily Tschetter
- Hometown: Brookings, S.D.
- Program/Year: Dentistry, fourth year
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Brokenhearted," by Karmin
- "Hey, Girl," by Billy Currington
- "Cups," from the "Pitch Perfect" soundtrack
"It's quite a diverse list because I mostly listen to the radio to keep what little money I have in my pocket."
What sparked your interest in dentistry?
I had always been interested in the medical field, and I had such a positive relationship with my family dentist as a kid -- and then had five years of braces -- that dentistry and orthodontics seemed like the perfect combination of science and art with a unique and special patient-doctor relationship opportunity.
Your favorite study snack is:
Your favorite app is:
Pinterest -- makes wedding planning so much more fun.
Three things people may not know about you:
- I only own three movies: "I Love You, Man," "Bridesmaids" and "300."
- I am a former purple ribbon-winning 4H-er in visual arts, baking, illustrated talks and photography judging.
- I had a hard time deciding between law school and dental school for a while because I love politics -- but dentistry was the right choice!