| VIDEO: See Ruth's story by clicking on the image above |
United Way of the Midlands proudly funds 134 health and human service programs that help those in need across Douglas, Sarpy and Pottawattamie counties.
The services provided by United Way of the Midlands partner agencies include: basic needs, employment, housing and income, health, mental health, safety, volunteers and disaster, senior recreation, sexual assault and domestic violence, youth mentoring and parent education, youth recreation, and youth resources.
The running total
As of 3 p.m. Monday, the UNMC community:
- Donated $93,105.01, nearly 60 percent of the campaign goal of $156,000.
- Had employee participation of 28 percent. Last year, there was 42 percent participation -- that should be an easy number to break. Remember, using the UNMC eServ website to choose not to donate counts as participation!
Today, we meet Ruth, who was helped by the Women's Center for Advancement, a United Way partner, as she and her 8-year-old son worked to break the bonds of poverty and leave an area homeless shelter for their own home.
How to contribute to the United Way:
- Click on this link. (The link will take you to UNMC eServ page.)
- Enter your UNMC username and password.
- Click on the United Way link and participate today!