In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals. Today we meet Jessica Thompson, a master's of public health student in the College of Public Health.
- Name: Jessica Thompson
- Hometown: Omaha
- Program: Master of Public Health
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Down the Line," by Jose Gonzalez
- "My Sight," by Kye Kye
- "Arizona," by Kings of Leon
What sparked your interest in public health?
Looking back, I suppose I have always been interested in health and wellness. As a freshman in undergrad, I volunteered as a peer health educator, and the rest is history.
Your favorite study snack is:
Your favorite app is:
Three things people may not know about you:
- I started as an engineering major at Iowa State before changing to kinesiology-health.
- My father and his family are originally from Zacatecas, Mexico.
- I was a swimmer for about 10 years, then ditched the pool for running. I would love to get back to swimming, though.
Congrats on being spotlighted! We are proud of you and your dedication, passion and knowledge of your field. Public health is so very lucky to have you.
This one is going places! Glad to have her in the field!