United Way, Day 18: How we stack up
Geri Finn, the SAHP representative on the United Way steering committee, said the members of the school were excited to match last year's goal of 100 percent participation.
"The whole school came through to help meet that goal." she said.
So who's fighting for second? Let's see how the other departments -- many of them, to be fair, larger than SAHP -- stack up with two days of the campaign to go.
- Chancellor's Unit: 86 percent
- Research: 78 percent
- College of Public Health: 75 percent
- College of Nursing: 70 percent
- Eppley Institute: 61 percent
- Student and Academic Affairs: 58 percent
- Facilities Management and Planning: 58 percent
- ITS: 55 percent
- College of Pharmacy: 49 percent
- Business & Finance: 48 percent
- Human Resources: 40 percent
- Munroe-Meyer Institute: 32 percent
- College of Medicine: 32 percent
- College of Dentistry (Omaha): 2 percent
In total, UNMC has donated $128,553, more than 82 percent toward the goal of $156,000, with 42 percent employee participation. We've reached the participation goal, but are still well short of the monetary goal. Remember, today and tomorrow are the last days to donate!
To join the team in supporting the United Way:
- Click on this link. (The link will take you to UNMC eServ page.)
- Enter your UNMC username and password.
- Click on the United Way link and participate today!
A "no-pledge" option is available online for employees who choose not to donate. If you're unable to contribute, you still are encouraged to access the website and submit the "no donation" response to be eligible for the prize drawings.
Employees can contribute to a host of United Way-supported area organizations or can contribute directly to the campaign, which helps support hundreds of health and human service programs across the Omaha-Council Bluffs-Bellevue area.
Pledge by 4 p.m. Friday to be eligible for the final weekly prize drawing.