In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals. Today we meet:
- Name: Levi Zehr
- Hometown: Beemer, Neb.
- Program/Year: College of Medicine, first year
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Deer Dance," by System of a Down
- "Landing In London," by 3 Doors Down
- "Perilous Journey," by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori
What sparked your interest in medicine?
My interest in medicine was sparked after working with several incredible physicians at the Med Center and Methodist during my training as a nurse. I realized how much I enjoyed thinking like a physician and wanted to develop those skills to practice everyday. So I made the transition from RN to medical school.
Your favorite study snack is:
Carbs and caffeine.
Your favorite app is:
Three things people may not know about you:
- I recently got engaged to the love of my life. We're set to tie the knot May 2015.
- I'm a registered nurse.
- I'm an avid archer and try to get out to the range as much as I can.