Spotlight on new faculty - Christopher Bingcang, M.D.
|Christopher Bingcang, M.D.|
- Name: Christopher M. Bingcang, M.D.
- Hometown: Lexington, Ky.
- New title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, department of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery
Surgical simulation for surgical resident education and outcomes of office-based laryngeal procedures.
Voice disorders, airway disorders and swallowing disorders.
University of Kentucky, 2007
Alpha Omega Alpha, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
How I fell in love with otolaryngology:
I love the wide variety of patients and conditions that I see in everyday practice of otolaryngology. I especially love treating hoarse patients and helping them to regain their voice, especially when they use their voice professionally.
Three things you don't know about me:
- When not being a doctor, I play guitar, bass, mandolin, fiddle and have played in a flamenco group, reggae band and bluegrass band.
- I enjoy cycling, hiking and skiing.
- I enjoy travelling through the U.S., as well as abroad.