- Name: Tymaree Sing
- Hometown: Placentia, Calif.
- No. of years at UNMC: A little more than nine years
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.
I am the coordinator for the office of educational services in the College of Public Health. I coordinate current and incoming student services for the College of Public Health.
"Working together" is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a time you witnessed an example of people working together at UNMC.
I was honored to be a part of the implementation team of the new student information system for the NU system, PeopleSoft. We had an extremely short deadline to get this shared system ready for students to apply, and for staff/faculty to be able to access and complete their daily business processes, across the four University of Nebraska campuses. Those involved in the NeSIS project worked long hours together to ensure the system met everyone's needs and business processes. There was a lot of blood, sweat and tears but together we made this project successful.
What is your favorite fall activity?
Going on runs, walks and/or bike rides in the cooler weather with my family, anything outside until winter, pumpkin carving, the fall colors on the trees.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I saw my first true snowflake fall from the sky in October 1997, my first year in college at Wayne State College. Now, I know why my parents only took us to visit our grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins in Nebraska during summer breaks.
- I live with all boys: my husband, 10-year-old twin stepsons and our 3-year-old dog Cooper. We have a lot of fun, but I am always up for a Girls Night Out!
- When singing in my car, I believe I will be the next American Idol. My kids slouch down so no one sees them, our dog howls, and sometimes my husband joins in for a duet.
Nice story Tymaree! Great pic!
This is awesome! :)