Adopt a family for the holidaysIt is that time of year again, when the UNMC community reaches out to help families facing challenges as the holidays approach.
This year UNMC will partner with The Nebraska Medical Center to adopt families we serve at the hospital and UNMC.
The Nebraska Medical Center's social work department soon will identify those families in need of assistance this year. If you want to adopt a family, download and complete this form no later than Wednesday, Nov. 6 to allow adequate time to match you with a family and give your department time to prepare your donation.
Once approved, the development office will send your department's information to the social work office. Social work will match you with a family and provide a wish list, with ages and sizes. Employees are welcome to participate individually or as a department. Donations of all sizes will help our families in need. Donations can be combined with other departments to support a family if needed.
Some things to consider:
- Please deliver your donation no later than Friday, Dec. 13 to the 4230 Building, public relations office (Attn: Anna Kirshenbaum).
- Please, no food deliveries this year. If you would like to assist with holiday meals, you are asked to provide gift cards to allow the families to shop for food for themselves at stores of their choice.
- Please indicate if your department would be willing, or prefer, to provide gift cards to a location(s) of the families choice to allow them to shop for themselves. Many families/parents express the joy of shopping for Christmas for their families, where others need assistance to obtain and wrap the items. Please indicate your preference if you have one.
- It is helpful to indicate if your department is able to assist a smaller or a larger family.
- Please indicate a contact person and phone number for your department if we have any questions.
- Contact Anna Kirshenbaum at 402-559-4318 or by email if you have any questions about the form or questions about your donations.