|Clayton Damme,"Latraviesa,"taken in Cabo Polonio, Uruguay|
Omaha area photographers and UNMC-approved vendors Scott Dobry and Phil Nealey chose the five entries listed below for their interesting and colorful photos.
But the grand prize winner, Clayton Damme, who submitted "Latraviesa," was praised by the judges for his "bold use of color, strong composition and great light."
|Juefie Wu, "Sandhill Cranes"|
The winners are:
Best in show:
Clayton Damme - "La Traviesa"
- Juefie Wu, "Sandhill Cranes"
Nirakar Rajbhandari, "Henna Tattoo"
- Nirakar Rajbhandari, "Henna Tattoo"
- Caitlin Please, "Bridge"
- Zijian Qin, "Sunburst"
International Week begins Tuesday, Nov, 12. Dates, times and locations for all of the week's activities are listed below.
Tuesday, Nov. 12:
- Morning tea from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Durham Research Center commons. Light refreshments will be provided.
Caitlin Please, "Bridge" - The Vers-Pont-du-Gard, an ancient aqueduct built in the first century A.D. in Southern France
- Afternoon tea from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the College of Nursing Center for Nursing Science commons. Light refreshments will be provided.
- "Jean de Florette" will be shown at 7 p.m. in the Durham Research Center auditorium. The building opens at 6:30 p.m., with popcorn and water provided. Set in a rural French village, the film tells of the conflict between an old man and the greedy landowner who tries to bankrupt him. For more information, click here.
|Zijian Qin, "Sunburst," taken in Nanning, Guangxi, China|
- "Samsara" will be shown at 7 p.m. in the Durham Research Center auditorium. The building opens at 6:30 p.m., with popcorn and water provided. "Samsara" explores the wonders of the world from the mundane to the miraculous and was filmed over a period of almost five years in 25 countries. For more information, click here.
- Mixed, singles and doubles ping pong and badminton tournaments from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Center for Healthy Living. Snacks provided. Register online for the sports tournament here. Participants need to register by Nov. 11 and can enter in up to two categories.